trying to install Gnucash 2.2.0

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 23:35:08 EDT 2007

Hi Bob.

I can sympathize as I've been recently faced with the same challenge,
but I can tell you that it's a great feeling of accomplishment once you
finally grind through the entire process and achieve success.

It can be done.

I'd suggest you start with the text files in the Gnucash folder titled
readme-dependencies. It lists all of the support files required to
successfully build Gnucash from source files. Also, take a look at the
file titled Install for additional information. Any files that are not
already installed should be available from your distribution's
repository site.

You don't mention which Linux distribution you're using, but knowing
that would help us to help you.

Ron Morse