Next questions (fuller information)

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jul 24 09:44:23 EDT 2007

At Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:16:56 -0400 stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com wrote:

> Well now, in c:\program files\gnucash\ I can see a gconf-2.exe and a
> gconftool-2.exe
>
> IF these were intended to be run by the end user (not called by the main
> program) then there is at least one minor problem with the install as at
> the GUI view of the program folder, only six shortcuts there:
> FAQ (online)
> GnuCash
> Install Online Price Retrieval
> Rep on a bug (online)
> Show README
> Uninstall GnuCash
>
> The user also needs instruction when (under what circumstances) should
> be run.
>
> Awaiting instructions.

gconf-2 is a 'daemon' fired up when the preferences are accessed.

I am not sure about gconftool-2 -- it might get started by a preferences
editor or something (or it might be the preferences editor itself).

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration