Enter scheduled transactions early

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jul 28 20:29:58 EDT 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 03:00:25 am Robert Heller wrote:
> At Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:33:25 -0400 "Alan Hartless" <harty83 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > What I do with scheduled transactions that get re-scheduled (for
> > > whatever reason) is to let gnucash generate the scheduled transaction
> > > based on its scheduling template and then just change the date on the
> > > generated transaction.  There is no need to mess with the templates,
> > > once they are set up.
> >
> > That would work if you are working the bills after the scheduled date.
> >  But when you are trying to do bills early, you have to wait till the
> > scheduled date before even being able to change the date.  Unless you
> > purposefully have the date set early or do as Josh suggested.
>
> No, I just have gnucash generate the scheduled transactions in advance.
> This populates my accounts with 'future' transactions, which I can
> either leave alone or edit as needed.
>
> > Thanks!

That may be the best.  Since I "discovered" early notice of upcoming
transactions, both today's and future transactions appear in the same list,
and the only buttons are "OK" or "Cancel"  The ability to edit or delay a
transaction while entering it seems to be lost.  It is much simpler to edit
them afterward.

Doug.
--
Be wisely worldly, be not worldly wise.