Indemnity accounting?

keith keith at bellairs.org
Tue Jul 31 20:26:11 EDT 2007

How you keep your books and what are the effects of the tax laws are two
very separate things. The question of which damage awards are taxable
and which are not is an amazingly complicated question in the US. If you
are getting damages to replace lost income or profits, better count on
paying taxes. But if you are getting compensated for the pain of a
broken arm (and not punitive damages against the jerk who broke it) then
you are probably in the clear.

Keith
Guelph ON