Hand Editing the XML

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 1 15:35:55 EDT 2007

Quoting Karl Grant <karlgrant06 at gmail.com>:

> Okay, really showing my ignorance there re: number of bits! As I said I'm
> not a programmer.
> But back to my original question, if it is just a random number, why can't I
> just generate one my self and add it to the XML with the other customer
> tags? Sorry to be pushing the point, but this would save some time.

The short answer is "referencial integrity".

For the customer guid you could.  But for OTHER guids you need to get
the actual reference and use the guid of that reference.  Making sure
you have the correct reference would probably offset the amount of time.
And honestly in the amount of time spent on this thread you could have
created a couple dozen customers using the UI.