custom reports

Phil Groschwitz ssc1478 at aim.com
Fri Jun 1 16:34:14 EDT 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007 19:27:39 +0100
"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Monday 28 May 2007, Phil Groschwitz wrote:
> > I have GnuCash 2.0.5 on Mandriva 2007.1.
> >
> > When I add custom reports, I can see the reports in
> > ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.0
> >
> > However, in Gnucash when I select Reports->Custom only the last
> > report in the saved-reports-2.0 file is listed.  And it is listed
> > as many times as there are separate reports defined in
> > saved-reports-2.0.
> >
> > For example, I have 3 saved reports: Jan_PNL, Feb_PNL, and Mar_PNL.
> > They're all in saved-reports-2.0.  On the Custom menu, Mar_PNL is
> > listed 3 times.
> >
> > Is this something I can fix?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Phil
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> I saw something very similar to this a while back with several custom
> reports which were named similarly.
>
> IIRC, the problem seemed to be caused by GC trying to allocate an
> ATL+? key combo in the menu, and changing various report titles
> around fixed it for me (eg, try Jan_PNL, Feb_PNL, Mar_ProfNLoss)
>
> HTH,
> Maf.
>
> PS
> I guess this should head to bugzilla, if you can confirm the
> behaviour for me, I'll file it tomorrow.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  My spam filter thought it was spam.

Thanks for this tip!  Yes, after naming them differently they showed
up.  I was naming them very similarly - I was actually naming them with
the year like 2007-JanPnL, 2007-FebPnL, etc.  I got rid of the year and
spelled out the month and they now show up on the menu.

Thanks again!

Phil