Trouble Printing Cheques

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jun 9 04:46:27 EDT 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:12:24 am John P. New wrote:
> On June 7, 2007 12:01 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Thank you for testing the alpha/beta test-release 2.1.3
>
> Thanks to all the developers who make this software so great.
>
> > > Printing works for printing GnuCash reports, both in Gnome and KDE. In
> > > fact, printing seems to work fine generally (local, network, various
> > > programs) _except_ for printing cheques from GnuCash.
> >
> > The check printing WAS re-written in 2.1/2.2, so it's possible that
> > it's a bug..
>
> The print dialogs are definitely different; different tabs, printer
> information and options. Maybe there is a problem printing over a network.
> I don't have any non-network printers to test on.
>
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Um, file a bug report?
>
> Filed as Bug 445193 – Check Printing Dialog: Print button grays out when
> printer selected
>
> > -derek
>
> John

I tried this as well, because I want to print cheques.  I have only one
printer, and it is not on a network.

When I go to "Print Cheques" I see only "Print to File" initially, then
apparently my Epson CX3100 is detected, it appears in the screen, and
the "Print" button becomes active.  I didn't take it any further, except to
note that "Print Preview" looked O.K.

I haven't tried to customize the cheques yet, but the end result looks similar
to before.  Mandriva Spring has added a new locale for en-AU.  It is about
time; New Zealand has had its own for a while.

Doug.

--
Husbands are like the fire on the hearth - likely to go out if left
unattended.