gnucash 2.1.3 on Slackware/Dropline

Bobby Goins goins at iglou.com
Sat Jun 9 22:20:16 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bobby Goins <goins at iglou.com> writes:
>

>> Derek, I went ahead and removed the g-wrap package. I was able to
>> compile and install gnucash 2.1.3. This was done on a clean install of
>> slackware 11.0 with dropline gnome 2.16.1. I only added slib-2d6 from
>> the freerock gnome repository.
>>
>> Gnucash starts fine and goes through the motions of reading my data file
>> (2.3MB gzip). When gnucash tries to display my accounts, I get the
>> following from my command line:
>>
>> <Big Time Snip>
>> I really don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bob
>>

> Looks like Gnome is misinstalled, or you have two sets of headers
> or libraries or something, because these icons are part of gnome.
>
> This isn't a gnucash problem.
>
> -derek

Derek,

I reinstalled dropline and re-compiled gnucash 2.1.3. I was able to
start and set-up accounts with gnucash. I removed my .gnucash file and
restated gnucash. I tried to open my data file, but gnucash crashed
after reading the file. (There was some time lag between when the status
bar got all the way to the right and when 'bug buddy' popped up.)

I got 3 months of financial data that I really need to enter and I
really don't know what to do. I thought about dropping back to the 2.0
series, or maybe trying the Windows port, just to get the data entered.

Any thoughts?

Bob