gnucash 2.1.3 on Slackware/Dropline

andy thomas andy at netstat-a.net
Mon Jun 11 10:29:54 EDT 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> andy thomas <andy at netstat-a.net> writes:
>
>>> Slackware seems unable to package things that are usable.  I'd suggest a
>>> different distro.  If you like fine-grained controls, I heartily recommend
>>> Gentoo.  Fedora and Ubuntu seem great as well.
>>
>> In defence of Slackware, it should be remembered they no longer
>> support the gnome desktop. I use mainly Slackware myself but I run
>> gnucash remotely on a SuSE Linux system via X-windows.
>
> That's not a defence..  That's confirmation that slackware isn't
> a distribution worth caring about anymore.  Any distribution worth
> its salt provides both Gnome and KDE and lets the user choose.

I see your point but then Slackware is used a lot in server environments
where there's no point in running X-Windows anyway. I actually use fvwm2,
not KDE or gnome, and gnucash works very well with this window manager.
One day, if I get time, I will try & build gnucash on Slack 10 or 11 and
if successful, will share the result.

cheers,

Andy