Configure Problem During Installation-libglib Incompatibility

joemama jibguard-misc at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 15:07:12 EDT 2007

Installing on Ubuntu system which is using an older version of glib.  The
configure program for gnucash expects a newer version of glib and when it
checks the system (using pkg-config) it finds both versions of the library
(I installed the newer version of glib) and fails.  Based on my initial
tests, Ubuntu doesn't like using the newer version but as long as I don't
change the soft link to point to the newer version it's okay with having
both versions on the system.  Is there a way I can build gnucash with the
newer version without touching the old version.

Thanks