gnucash 2.1.3 on Slackware/Dropline

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 11 17:10:16 EDT 2007

andy thomas wrote:
> I see your point but then Slackware is used a lot in server environments
> where there's no point in running X-Windows anyway. I actually use fvwm2,
> not KDE or gnome, and gnucash works very well with this window manager.
> One day, if I get time, I will try & build gnucash on Slack 10 or 11 and
> if successful, will share the result.

I used the following:
http://rjmarq.org/gnucash.html
to successfully build gnucash on Slackware 10.  So those instructions
already exist.

You can search the archives for posts about people successfully building
gnucash on Slackware 11.  IIRC, it was something like install FreeRock
gnome and build.

Mark