gnucash 2.1.3 on Slackware/Dropline

Bobby Goins goins at iglou.com
Mon Jun 11 22:27:39 EDT 2007

milgram at cgpp.com wrote:

> If you get a chance, please add this build experience to the wiki.

> Apart from the warnings to stdout, does gnucash start up, do you get any
> GUI windows, is it usable at all?
>
> Judah

Judah,  That's my point.  Everything worked well, UNTIL I tried to read
in my data file.  I successfully had the GUI up and running, was able to
create accounts, and perform other activities.

It seems that gnucash only crashes somewhere between reading the data
file and placing the data in the accounts view.   (I did remove my
.gnucash directory before trying to read the file so that anything I did
playing around wouldn't mess up my read.  And yes, I restarted gnucash
after doing so.)

Although I cannot remember if the data file came from gnucash 2.0.1 or
2.0.5, I archived my whole data file directory and have tried to read in
various 'saves' without luck.

To me, it seems the issue is that there is something not happening
correctly in the read process, not that I choose to use Slackware.

To be honest, gnucash is the only reason that I installed dropline
gnome.  Otherwise, I really don't have a need for the gnome libraries,
nor the gnome environment).  (On second thought, maybe for Gramps, if I
ever decide to get back into genealogy.)

Bob