make -> No rule to make target `README.francais', needed by `all-am' ?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 14 12:55:26 EDT 2007

Systems Administrator JIC <sysadmin.journeyco at cox.net> writes:

> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gnucash-2.0.5/doc'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `README.francais', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

This is weird, because README.francais IS in the tarball.  I don't
know why you wouldn't have this file in the source tree.

> I don't know that it is relevant to this make problem, but just in case ... ./configure did generate the following message toward the end:
> config.status: WARNING:  gnucash-config.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

You can ignore this.

> I didn't notice anything else unusual during ./configure.
>
> Any good suggestions appreciated ... thanks!

Um, start again from a clean tarball extraction?