Trial Balance Report

Keith A. Milner kamilner at superlative.org
Sun Jun 17 12:10:39 EDT 2007

Hi,
I've been using Gnucash (v2.0.5) for a while now for my company accounts, and
have a couple of questions about the Trial Balance report.

Firstly, I can't find a way to make the sub-account totals appear next to the
parent account. Am I missing something?

Secondly, When I do list sub-accounts, they appear in the list as "equal" to
the parent accounts. In other words I cannot seem to either indent them, or
prefix them with the full account name (which would be my preference).

So, if my account heirarch contains:

Expenses
|--Utilities
    |-- Telephone
    |-- Internet
|-- Rent

I would like to be able to collapse this down so that in the report I just get

Expenses:Utilities
Expenses:Rent

With the Utilities line containing the total for all of the Utilities
(Telephone plus Internet). Is this possible?

Cheers,

--
Keith A. Milner