How to record partial payments for a bill

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Mon Jun 18 02:23:23 EDT 2007

Dear Jodye,

The easiest way I see it is to use the business services from GnuCash,
and create a Liabilities/Accounts Payable account in your tree. That way
you can easily enter partial payments to that bill (for details: see the
manual, that is explained there quite well).
The service fee I think you can add as a split transaction and book that
against an expense account but not really sure about that.

Beware that the business functions are quite clunky, it works but that's
it. May be better in the 2.x series.

Wouter.