Trial Balance Report

Keith A. Milner kamilner at superlative-solutions.com
Mon Jun 18 12:45:45 EDT 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007 16:41:19 Fred Bone wrote:
> Keith A. Milner said:
> > Hi,
> > I've been using Gnucash (v2.0.5) for a while now for my company accounts,
> > and have a couple of questions about the Trial Balance report.
> >
> > Firstly, I can't find a way to make the sub-account totals appear next to
> > the parent account. Am I missing something?
>
> The "Level of Subaccounts" control in Report Options - Accounts tab?
>
> [Sorry, can't answer the other question you had]

Thanks, but this doesn't work (for me, at least).

Going back to my example (including some sample figures this time), if my
account tree is:

Expenses
|--Utilities
    |-- Telephone  $35
    |-- Internet      $40
|-- Rent                $100

I want to see:

Expenses:Utilities $75
Expenses:Rent      $100

The "Level of Subaccounts" changes the depth of indentation of the
subaccounts, but that appears to be all. If I disable the subaccounts I don't
want to see individually I still don't get the total against the parent
account. In my example I actually get:

Expenses:Utilities
Expenses:Rent      $100

I've noticed in other reports that the parent account is often a total of it's
subaccounts. I'm guessing I'm either missing something, or it was missed off
this report.

Cheers,

--
Keith A. Milner