Trial balance failed!

Daniel daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 20 14:08:22 EDT 2007

Oh, here is another thought: I deal with more than one currency. Could
that be the problem? This this what I'm thinking:

1) On day one I have the assets:
    USD Bank account:  $2000
    CAD Bank account:  $2000
2) I transfer $1000 USD to Canada at a rate of $1 US = $1.30 CAD.
    USD Bank account:  $1000
    CAD Bank account:  $3300
3) The Canadian dollar appreciates to $1 US = $1.10 CAD. If I calculate
my total assets in USD, some money will have vanished. If I calculate my
total assets in CAD, some money will have appeared out of nowhere.

If I have income and expenses in more than one currency, I guess
currency fluctuations could ruin the trial balance.

Do you think this might be the problem?