started crashing on Windows, 2.1.3 and 2.1.4

Alan Munter munter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:32:39 EDT 2007

I updated my data a few days ago and made some changes to some
scheduled transactions using version 2.1.3 on Windows XP.  I saved the
data, and everything seemed to work fine, but when I launched gnucash
the next day it crashed.  I uninstalled 2.1.3 and installed the new
2.1.4, but the crash still occurs.

To try to see if it was some bad setting I went to C:\docs and
settings\myname\ and moved the .gconf and .gnucash type directories.
The program started, but the crash still occurred when I tried to load
my data file.

I looked in the temp directory and got the trace listed below.  Any
suggestions?  I can try editing the data XML file directly if someone
points me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Alan

*   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 1448 bytes.
The identifiers might not be very random.
*   WARN <gnc.engine> failed to load gnc-backend-postgres from
C:\Program Files\gnucash\lib\gnucash
*   WARN <gnc.app-util> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
process (No such file or directory)
*   WARN <gnc.backend.file> Invalid timestamp in data file.  Look for
a 'trn:date-posted' entry with a date of 1969-12-31 or 1970-01-01.
*   WARN <gnc.backend.file> Invalid timestamp in data file.  Look for
a 'trn:date-posted' entry with a date of 1969-12-31 or 1970-01-01.
*   WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> saw freqspec in version 2 sx [Netflix]
*   WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> saw freqspec in version 2 sx [Comcast]
*   WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> saw freqspec in version 2 sx [Pepco]
*   CRIT <gnc.engine.recurrence> recurrenceToString: assertion
`g_date_valid(&r->start)' failed
*   CRIT <GLib> g_string_append: assertion `val != NULL' failed
*   CRIT <gnc.engine.recurrence> recurrenceNextInstance: assertion
`g_date_valid(&r->start)' failed
*   CRIT <GLib> g_date_strftime: assertion `g_date_valid (d)' failed