Update bug?

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:10:58 EST 2007

Yesterday, I was running gnucash (2.0.1), I had the Accounts window
displayed, with net worth at the bottom of the window. I then ran 'Get
Quotes' from the Price Editor and noticed that the net worth number
didn't change. My prices were pretty stale prior to doing this, and
certainly didn't include the market meltdown earlier this week. It's
pretty clear that the net worth number was not updated. I happened to
have an investment report window open, so I reloaded it and sure
enough, prices changed all over the place, as I expected. Still no
change in net worth. On a hunch, I edited the price of a holding that
I have for which quotes are not available online. When I set it to
zero, the net worth number changed significantly. I then restored it
to its original setting, and the net worth changed to something other
than what it was when I began this exercise  -- a little lower, as I
would expect as a result of the market drop this week (my beta to the
market is pretty small, so I'm happy to report that I wasn't hurt
badly by the market action this week).

So it looks like 'Get quotes' is forgetting to update some things. I
did search the bug database and couldn't find anything like this. Does
this ring a bell for any of the developers (perhaps the bug is there
and my search didn't find it)? If not, I'll enter a bug report.

/Don