Python report-writing mechanism?

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Mar 6 18:38:15 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:37:45PM -0500, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> Is there any known mechanisms for perhaps being able to create GnuCash
> reports in a more friendly language, such as Python, or is Scheme the
> only mechanism for this?  (And, are there any plans to perhaps permit
> GnuCash to interface with Python that anyone knows of?)

Some of the ground-work has been laid to allow this, but there's still
more to do before it's feasible.  We now use SWIG, so it should be relatively
easy to generate python (or other language) bindings for all the C code used
in report-generation.  However, there's a bit of scheme code still pretty
intimately involved in the process right now.  I think that Josh is viewing
changing that as a medium-term project.

-chris