gnucash 2.0.2 doesn't compile in ubuntu feisty

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Mar 7 09:27:26 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 19:57 +1100, Chris wrote:
> I have experienced build/link errors when the build process uses the
> installed libraries and there has been an API change. Uninstall gnucash
> before performing the build.

If you're building the trunk versions without a --prefix passed to
configure, it will prefix into /usr/local; this isn't compatible with an
install in /usr.  Try a --prefix like /opt/gnucash-unstable/ or
something, which is known to work much better, and doesn't require you
to remove your stable/installed version.

> With Fiesty their are 2 API changes in dependant libraries.
> 1) libgtkhtml3.8    gtk_html_print has been dropped. gtk_html_print_page
> looks to be the replacement but uses a GtkPrintContext

I don't believe this is libgtkhtml-3.8; maybe [lib]gtkhtml-3.13.x?  I do
believe the .so name and package name might include "3.8", though...

We'd like to conditionally support building against the new version, but
given that gtkhtml is making a not-backwards-compatible API change, it
might be easier in the mean time to have both libgtkhtml-3.8.so(.15 or
whatever) and whatever the new so-numbered version is co-installed.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}