Font Size - cheque writing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 7 10:13:22 EST 2007

David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> writes:

> I discovered that if I deleted the (guchar *) on line 64, then I
> could control the font and size of check printing by recompiling
> after changing either the font name or size. I haven't seen any other
> untoward effects toward printing, but I don't do a lot of printing.
> I've been running without the guchar * since October.

I really don't understand why that makes a difference.  It's just
a cast.  It's not changing how the string is stored in memory.
The function call just sets a pointer; casts generally just tell
the compiler how to handle the pointer, but crossing a function
boundary doesn't make a difference..   Unless it's a macro and
not a function?