Problems with upgrade

Gilles Gariepy gariepy.g at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 9 21:07:31 EST 2007

I tried upgrading to gnucash 2.0.5 from 2.0.4 on a G5 PPC Mac (OSX10.4.8)
using Mac Ports. I followed the instructions on the wiki (both gnucash and
Macports). It seemed easy enough, just run $ sudo port selfupdate, which
updated MacPorts to 1.3.2 and then $ sudo port upgrade gnucash to get 2.0.5.

However, after all of this, I get the following error message when I try to
run gnucash:

iMac-GG5:~ GGG$ gnucash
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libdbus-1.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libgoffice-1.2.dylib
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I¹m not a UNIX expert so if someone can let me know how I can find and load
this library I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I assume I will have to
revert back to 2.0.4

Thanks

Gilles Gariepy
NA Director, Discovery Informatics Sales
Tripos, Inc.