Multiple currencies in broker statements

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Tue Mar 13 21:16:22 EDT 2007

Also, I notice that the opening balance on my montly statement does not
match the closing balance of the previous statement.  I presume this is
an exchange rate variation.

* How do I account for this in GnuCash?
I've just set up a exhange rate balancing account and transfer money on
the 1st of each month to make it match the statement.
* Is this correct?  Or may be I should just be ignoring the opening
balance all together???

* Is it fundamentally correct to try to match all the statement entries
into GnuCash, or am I being over complicating things?

Thanks, Brendan.