The XML file.

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Mar 13 21:28:45 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 12:17 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> Where is it?  I assume that it is the main data file.  Recently however, there
> was mention of a converter to QIF.  My file doesn't have an .xml extension
> and the converter didn't recognize it.  The system said that it was XML, but
> it appears to have been compressed or something.

It's wherever you saved it.  The name should be listed in the window's
title bar when loaded.

The freedesktop.org-known mime types for gnucash are ".gnucash", ".gnc"
and ".xacc"; gnucash doesn't enforce or require anything in particular
about the name.

The file is XML, but -- by default -- gzip-compressed.  (Generally) The
`file` command always does a surprisingly good job at describing files
based on content.  `gunzip «file»` should uncompress it; or you can open
the file, change the Preference and re-save it.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}