Correct path

econti contiemilio at alice.it
Wed Mar 14 11:02:27 EDT 2007

David Hampton ha scritto:
> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 13:20 +0100, econti wrote:
>

>> To return the correct file I had to edit .gconf/apps/gnucash/history xml
>> file and to modify it manually.
>> Now gnucash looks for in the right directory but the result is an
>> opening window telling "File xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx could not be found".
>> The name and the path are right, but gnucash keeps on working badly.
>>

> What is the path name?
>
> David

I found out what happens but I do not know how to solve it.
If the name of the file is (for instance)

Contabilità.30031015145259.xac.2003etc.

with this path /home/user/subdirectory_where_gnucashfiles_are/

I can open it with File-> Open so I can work with gnucash.

At the end I save my accounting. but in the gnucash history the file is
stored like this:

CONTABILIT_.30031015145259.xac.2003etc.

When I open gnucash again it tries to open
CONTABILIT_.30031015145259.xac.2003etc.
that does not exist (this is the reason of the message " the file
30031015145259.xac.2003etc. could not be found.

Why does gnucash change (in history only) lower-case letters to
upper-case letters.

Emilio