questions about entering a home purchase

Kevin Hale Boyes kcboyes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:26:01 EDT 2007

I'm trying to enter the transaction for purchasing a house.

I'm having trouble with the different dates on the various
transactions that make up the purchase.

The splits on the purchase are something like:

Account                               Increase     Decrease
Assets:Fixed Assets:House  $150,000
Assets:Current Assets:Bank                    $50,000
   (downpayment)
Assets:Current Assets:Bank                    $10,000
   (initial deposit)
Liabilities:Loans:Mortgage                        $90,000

I bought the house on Nov 14.
The initial deposit and the downpayment came out of my bank
account on different days - Nov 20 and Jan 18 respectivily.

They were two different cheques cashed at different times.
In fact I've reconciled the transactions in GC already.

So, I don't know how to enter the above split transaction
with the different dates.

I'm using Gnucash 2.0.5

Thanks,
Kevin.