questions about entering a home purchase

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Mar 19 04:44:33 EDT 2007

On Monday 19 March 2007 08:26, Kevin Hale Boyes wrote:
> They were two different cheques cashed at different times.
> In fact I've reconciled the transactions in GC already.
>
> So, I don't know how to enter the above split transaction
> with the different dates.
Think differently, these are your transactions, not the bank's.
The day you write or post or handover the cheque is the day you enter in your
accounts. From then the money is not available to use for anything else (well
it shouldn't be).
Don't worry about the date the bank records - that's for their books, and we
aren't keeping the books for the bank, we're keeping our own books.

--
There must be more to life than having everything.
		-- Maurice Sendak