Corrupted file?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Mar 20 14:53:20 EDT 2007

Hello,

Sorry for breaking the thread. I'm at a different computer now...

Thanks for the help. Thanks to Maf's suggestion, the problem is fixed. I
think that there's a bug in GnuCash btw, see below.

The key was Maf's suggestion to generate a transaction report and look
for abnormalities. I did, and the transaction report did *not* look like
the account window (and it looked correct). The balances were different
from the account window; several balances were wrong (the value in the
increase/decrease column did not match the change in balance). I
realized that the Balance column never got updated. It was showing the
balances before I changed the dates of a couple of transactions.

I closed GnuCash and started it again, and this time the balances were
right (after it re-read the account data).

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
May you live in interesting times.
May people in high places take notice of you.