Default configuration files - permissions problem?

Brad Milne mail_4brad at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 05:15:50 EDT 2007

I messed with my permissions across my whole machine (long story - and long
night!), but now I think I've got them back pretty much as they should be.
But, when I try to run gnucash now I get two error boxes, one saying:

<box>
Cannot find default values
The configuration data used to specify default values for GnuCash cannot be
found in the default system locations....
</box>

and the other:

<box>
An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
gnucash. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.
</box>

>From what I've been able to find out, it looks like a gconf problem (?). I
can set the default values again using the wizard it prompts to use, but
then I get exactly the same messages again next time I start up.

Any ideas?
Thanks