install of 2.0.5

Bob Thibodeau rlu53417 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 22 22:44:55 EDT 2007

Not using Ubuntu, I don't know why the old version is still there, but it sounds like
a PATH issue. In your place, I would: 1) restart X - see if the environment variables reset.
when that doesn't work, check in Konsole "whereis gnucash" and "which gnucash"
Those commands will tell you all the locations of files "gnucash" and which one is being found first in your PATH.

You may need to explicitly remove the ealier version and/or edit the command line in your menu to call the new version instead of the first one it comes across.

Did you use a package manager, or manual install?

Hope this helps,
Bob