Some Problems in using GnuCash

Vikas Garud vikas at techqual.com
Fri Mar 30 11:27:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I use SuSE Linux, version 10.2 (OpenSuSE).  I have loaded GnuCash from the
software repositories identified in OpenSuse.  That is version 2.0.2.  I am
facing two problems:

1. I am unable to edit file properties.  GnuCash Crashes when I enter some
value - Company Name, Company Address, Company Contact Person, etc. and hit
either Apply or the OK button.  Subsequent start results in "GnuCash could
not obtain Lock ..." error.  Though, selecting open anyway, opens the
account.

2.  The help is not available.  Only Tip of the Day and About produces some
response.  Neither Tutorial and Concepts Guide, nor contents is available.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Vikas Garud

PS:  I downloaded latest version (2.0.5) and tried to install.  Though
configure did not result in any problems, make resulted in lots of warnings
and would not go further.  I am computer user, don't know much about
configure/make/make install, but sould be able to follow directions.

Vikas Garud