First reconcilation looks odd

Stephen Torri storri at torri.org
Sat Mar 31 08:16:05 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 02:32 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the answer is "just make sure you reconcile both
> sides"

I manually adjusted each side of the Opening Balances for the children
accounts by going into the checking account register and clicking on the
'n' in the Reconciled column ('R') so that both the "Deposit" and
"Withdrawal" lines in the transaction were 'c'. I also did this for the
internal transactions that moved money from the parent to a children for
saving money when the next paycheck arrived. Going back to the reconcile
window I see that both the Funds In and Funds Out are checked now. So
that appears to be fine but now the Difference balance is not zero even
with all the transactions reported on the statement being checked as
well. The difference is negative. I don't see any missing transactions
that would cover the difference.

Stephen