Data Handling

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue May 1 10:46:14 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 07:39 -0700, linuxforrealpeople wrote:
> I have just imported some 13 years worth of personal data from Quicken into
> GnuCash. I notice that when opening the app it seems to read in the whole
> datafile and I wonder to what extent the opening procedure will degrade as
> the volume of data held increases.

Linearly.  Though with 13 years in the file, any incremental,
month-to-month additions aren't going to feel like a substantial
difference.  Said another way: adding another 6 months of data should
only make the loading/saving process 1/27th slower.

> In addition I have downloaded version 2.1.1 from the Ubuntu repository - is
> there a later stable version I should be using.

No.  2.1.1 is an unstable release from this past weekend on the way to a
stable 2.2.0, scheduled for June.

(What Ubuntu repository already has 2.1.1. packaged?)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}