problem with installing on an Intel Macbook Pro

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 7 14:02:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Quoting Jimmy Sly <jimmysly at hotmail.com>:

> I previously installed gnucash 2.0.4 a few months ago and had no
> problem intalling or using it.  I tried to upgrade to the newer
> version 2.0.5 with no success.  Not only can I not install the new
> version but I cannot get back to my older version.  I have the newest
> version of Macports 1.4 and the newest versions of Xcode software
> developer toolkit.  This is the error I am getting when I try to
> install:~ jimmysly$ sudo port install gnucash--->  Building gnucash
> with target allError: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command
> " cd

[snip]
-lmgrep: /opt/local/lib/libgwrap-wct.la: No such file or directorysed:
/opt/local/lib/libgwrap-wct.la: No such file or directorylibtool: link:
`/opt/local/lib/libgwrap-wct.la' is not a valid libtool archivemake[5]: ***
[libgncmod-register-gnome.la] Error 1make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error
1make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error
1make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make: *** [all] Error 2Error: Status 1
encountered during processing.Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix
> this?...j

WOW... That's hard to read without line-endings..   BUT...  As you
can see from above the error appears to be that /opt/local/lib/libgwrap-wct.la
doesn't exist.

Fix that.