Upgrading in Ubuntu

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:37:38 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Richard Mancusi <vrman49 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we should take a shot with the .deb.  Just a guess, it will have
> > unresolved dependencies - but it may be worth a shot.
> >
> > -rich
>
> Dependencies should be easier with 2.2 since it doesn't depend on
> gwrap any more.  That used to be the kicker for me, I think, so I'd
> just end up compiling all of it into /usr/local
>

> --
> Eric Ladner

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/i386/gnucash/2.0.5-1ubuntu1
On the left side of the linked page it has several categories.  Click on
the arrow next to "Depends on" for what they think the dependencies
are.  Not sure how accurate it is though when you consider the "Replaces"
arrow which states 1.9.8-1.  Until you open it and read "Publishing history":

 gutsy i386 Release: Published version 2.0.5-1ubuntu1 in component
universe and section gnome on 2007-04-30    gutsy i386 Release:
Removed version 2.0.2-3ubuntu1 in component universe and section gnome
on 2007-04-20  and superseded on 2007-04-30 by i386 build of gnucash
2.0.5-1ubuntu1 in ubuntu gutsy RELEASE

Do you think the documentation needs work?
-rich