Investment question...

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Sun May 13 12:04:18 EDT 2007

On 12 May 07, at 23:11, Eric Ladner wrote:

> My company has a stock match plan where they pitch in and match a
> portion of the money that I put into it.
>
> Where would that money come from?

This to me is obviously an "income", even though it's not paid to you
yet.

How to account for it will depend on your tax system - in some systems
it's considered retirement savings and taxed only when the money is
made available, in others it may be considered direct income and taxed
as such.

You will also want to check on how to deal with capital gains on those
stocks. May also complicate things; mainly concerning taxes.

Wouter.