Upgrading in Ubuntu

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:20:58 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> As I said, you should update to 2.0.5 for real usage.  There are a LOT
> of crashers in early 2.0.x (especially 2.0.2) that were fixed.  I know
> positively that there's a 2.0.5 for Debian.
>

> -derek

I just finished the install (from Debian source) and have it running on
Ubuntu Feisty.  It opens, brings in the data, and Help/About states
(GnuCash 2.0.5 r15617).  One of my users will need to take it for
a spin to make sure everything is working correctly.  Things look fine
to me - but my operational knowledge of the program is limited.

Notes:
1. Step-1 was to install all the packages listed on the Debian site
   under "Other Packages Related to gnucash".  One wasn't possible.
   libgoffice-1-dev wasn't listed in Ubuntu so I substituted libgoffice-0-dev
2. There were hundreds of warning lines during the build like:
   libtool ..... seems to have been moved

tnx Derek
-rich