upgrade problem on gentoo

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon May 14 21:23:51 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 8:13 pm, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 08:55, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>> find doesn't find any libdbus* at all, so I not missing a symlink.
>
> this had a typo when I ran it :-(
> so it does miss a symlink for future reference for anyone reading the
> archives
> ln -s /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2

I believe there is an API difference in dbus, here; symlinking .so's is
almost never the right solution.

I think a revdep-rebuild might be the fix, as mentioned, but there is a
dbus upgrading guide somewhere.  You should revdep-rebuild after most
library upgrades, and always after `emerge -uD world`.

Also, the 2.0.1.ebuild is pretty old; the 2.0.5 ebuild (at least) has some
[R]DEPEND fixes in relation to g-wrap, slib and guile.  You might need to
add some /etc/portage/package.keyword entries, though, but I thought it
all stabilized a while ago...

--
...jsled