installation problem on gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 22 10:22:44 EDT 2007

Quoting Mark Rosenthal <mgtr at thewarren.vispa.com>:

> Hi
>
> I have installed gnucash on my mac 2.16Mhz intel core duo Mac OSX 10.4.9
>
> Using Fink I have got it all installed without errors (after a few
> attempts)
>
> Using the Gnucash Launcher 2.0 2 I get the following error message:
>
> Application "GuppiPlugInSpec" (process 2807) has crashed due to a
> fatal error. (Bus error).

This error implies you installed gnucash 1.8, not gnucash 2.0.x.
I suggest you update from "gnucash" to "gnucash2".

I have no idea what you mean by the "GnuCash Launcher 2.0.2"..

> If I type gnucash in an xterm I get the following:
>
> localhost:~ markgtrosenthal$ gnucash
> bash: gnucash: command not found

That only means that /sw/bin isn't in your PATH.

> when I change to the installation directory it loads as when using
> the Gnucash Launcher and fails with the same error message.
>
> Can you help?

Well, I'd first suggest you uninstall gnucash and gnucash2..  Then try again.