From 1.8.x to 2.x: "There was an error parsing the file"

Martin Wolters martin at martinwolters.com
Tue May 22 17:32:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from my old debian machine (gnucash 1.8.x) to a new kubuntu (gnucash 2.x). When trying to open an old gnucash file I am first asked to select the correct character decoding (I chosse ISO), but then gnucash reports  "There was an error parsing the file". There is no print-out on the command line regarding this error. What can I do to fix/circumvent/debug the problem?

Thanks in advance

-M