OT: going paperless?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri May 25 15:19:24 EDT 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007, John K. Taber wrote:

> A big con for an older person is death. Should I die it would leave my
> widow helpless. There is no way I can teach her to manage electronic
> transactions. She would be stuck with past due bills that she couldn't
> cope with. So I insist on paper despite the fact that electronic would
> be more convenient for me.
>
> People need to give some thought to death.
>
> John

Not wishing to be morbid, but is age really relevant to your point?

I've thought several times about root passwords/ssh/gpg keys, and those on my
home network in the event of my untimely passing - given that nothing is
written down anywhere...

What hope for anyone trying to make sense of my affairs, faced with only
encrypted partitions and files etc.?
I keep paper copies of everything, for at least as long as the tax authority
may care. (yes, I print all e-statements every month, and file them away)

But, I guess that I've taken this further OT now.
0.02 worth

Maf.