Reconciliation: Incorrect Starting Balance

Tom Purl tom at tompurl.com
Wed May 30 09:57:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 10:26 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

> This would imply that you're missing a $6.36 transaction, probably it
> got deleted or moved to a different account.

Ok, problem solved.  Apparently, I deleted a 6.36 transaction from
January.  Once I added that back and re-reconciled that individual
transaction, everything was back to normal.

Thanks to everyone for their help!  In the future, when I'm off like
this, I'll be sure to check old bank statements for a transaction that
matches the difference between the correct and incorrect reconciled
values.

Of course, a more effective  course of action would be not deleting
reconciled transactions :)  I still don't know how I did that, however.

Thanks again!

Tom Purl