Enabling Online Securities Quotes

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 11:23:09 EST 2007

David T. wrote:
> I ran:
>
> sudo fink update finance-quote-pm586
> sudo fink update crypt-ssleay-pm586
>
> but the problem remains.
>
> I seem to recall that I had to do some CPAN stuff to get everything working
> originally. Perhaps I need to update something in there as well?

If the CPAN stuff worked out, then you probably have dueling perls. The
fact that you had to use CPAN at all suggests a packaging problem in
fink (my fault...). I don't know how to uninstall CPANned modules, though.
[...]
>>> When I try 'gnc-fq-dump yahoo MSFT' it correctly returns Micro$oft's
>>> stock
>>> price.

I missed this last time -- I'm having problems with gnc-fq-dump in
Leopard. But the only time I had problems inside gnucash in Tiger when
gnc-fq-dump worked was when I ran gnucash from a menu item in x11. If I
ran it from a command in an xterm, finance-quote then worked inside gnucash.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net