Mixed Personal and Business accounts

AC Marsh amarsh at abed-nego.com
Wed Nov 7 23:59:43 EST 2007

I have a small consulting business which is an LLC (me 99%, wife 1%)
that gets taxed as a partnership (1065).

The wizard (before I discovered the power of GnuCash) in Quickbooks Pro
2007 set me up as (roughly translated):

Equity:Opening Balance
Equity:Me:Draws
Equity:Me:Equity
Equity:Spouse:Draws
Equity:Spouse:Equity
Equity:Retained Earnings

I would think that I might change the names to be:

Equity:Opening Balance
Equity:Me:Draws
Equity:Me:Contributions
Equity:Spouse:Draws