TIAA-CREF quote retrieval recently

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Nov 8 23:41:54 EST 2007

--On November 8, 2007 11:09:35 PM -0500 David Reiser
<dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded at retrieving quotes for the CREF retirement
> funds lately? My last successful attempt was 10/12, but I didn't try
> again until this week. The web page that displays the downloadable
> data was working today (same https: address as the finance-quote
> module uses), but gnucash can't get the TIAA-CREF quotes. Gnucash
> does   get other standard stock exchange quotes on my systems.

I think their web site is broken.  When finance-quote tries to get a
quote the transaction goes something like this:

GET https://www3.tiaa-cref.org/ddata/DownloadData?f1=1001&days=1

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
	at DDataServlet.doPost(DDataServlet.java:265)
	at DDataServlet.doGet(DDataServlet.java:34)
           (etc.)

I reported this to them a few days ago and they said they were looking
into it.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6