Multi-currency on expense voucher

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 10 14:34:01 EST 2007

"Keith A. Milner" <kamilner at superlative.org> writes:

>> Correct..  It wont do that.  BUT you can go edit the transaction after
>> the fact and apply the exchange rate.
>
> This didn't work for me. I'll give it another go because there's a strong
> possibility I'm wrong, but it wouldn't let me do anything to the resulting
> transaction except delete it.

That's odd.  You should be able to restructure the PAYMENT transaction.
The INVOICE transaction you can't touch...  Just be sure never to
change the amount of the transaction.

> Actually, it's an import. I want to take external business data (a
> voucher) on a spreadsheet and import it into GnuCash.

Oh..  Well, you could look at "QSF Import" if you want a development
project.  It's a half-completed method to import a QSF xml documents
that could describe e.g. an invoice.  It's disabled in the UI because
it's not completed and is prone to errors and crashing.