OFX Account not found, only certain account types work

Sean F wsfulmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 10:04:06 EST 2007

Mike Alexander wrote:

> That's probably because libofx hard codes the account type to CHECKING.
> Here's a patch I use to improve things (although it still only handles
> two account types):
>
> *snip*
>
> There was a patch required to aqbanking also, but I think it's included
> in version 2.2.9 already.

No worries.. I pulled down a copy of that ofx.py script, made a couple of
tweaks, and now I've got checking, savings, credit cards, and investments
being downloaded on a cron job. I still have to import the OFX data into
Gnucash, but it's just about the same amount of work to do this as it is to
use Gnucash's online banking.

Thanks anway,

Sean