Need user (and accountant) input on advanced portfolio report

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 13 21:28:11 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 05:39:48PM -0800, Paul Schwartz wrote:

> I don't usually use the fancy wizards [don't trust them I guess]. To be useful the wizard would have to allow allocation of profit/loss to at least 2 different income accounts, e.g., long term/short term capital gain. I figure mine out before starting the entry so that it is balanced and ends up in the right place for me.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm refering to the advanced
portfolio report which provides information about the state of the
stock accounts such as the current value, basis of currently held
shares, unrealised and realised gain, and so forth. It doesn't "figure
things" out for you so much as collate the existing information into a
usable form (in theory). I'm in the process of getting that report to
function a little better and with a little more accuracy.