Need user (and accountant) input on advanced portfolio report

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 23:13:01 EST 2007

----- Original Message ----

 be useful the wizard would have to allow allocation of profit/loss

 at least 2 different income accounts, e.g., long term/short term
> capital

 gain. I figure mine out before starting the entry so that it
> is

 balanced and ends up in the right place for me.

> I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm refering to the advanced
> portfolio report which provides information about the state of the
> stock accounts such as the current value, basis of currently held
> shares, unrealised and realised gain, and so forth. It doesn't "figure
> things" out for you so much as collate the existing information into a
> usable form (in theory). I'm in the process of getting that report to
> function a little better and with a little more accuracy.

Sorry my last input was kind of fuzzy. I'm referring to new features that I have not used [because I haven't upgraded from 1.x yet] but have just heard about from others posting on the list. You can probably ignore my last posting. It doesn't apply to the report, but to the way that transactions are entered. Since I haven't used 2.x yet I'm probably way out in left field.

Paul